April General Membership Meeting
2016 Annual SAMCA Golf Classic
Marty Bostick – San Antonio Masonry & Tool Supply
Troy Fabre – San Antonio Masonry & Tool Supply
Josh Diaz – San Antonio Masonry & Tool Supply
Eric Huedepohl – San Antonio Masonry & Tool Supply
Jeff Windham – Alamo Cement
Pat Kidder – Alamo Cement
Rhett Morrow – Alamo Cement
Christian Snethkamp – Alamo Cement
David Gonzales – Headwaters
Greg West – JDK Associates
Steve Kenny – JDK Associates
Jeff Young – JDK Associates
SAMCA owes many thanks to the following hole sponsors: Alamo Cement Co.; Champion Glass; Cross Mountain Church; Espey Silica Sand Co.; Grande Truck Center; H & E Equipment Services, Inc.; I- 10 Building Materials, Ltd./Stone Source; Integrity Insurance Agency, Inc.; JLG Industries; Kraft Tools; Lehigh White Cement Company; Lhoist North America; Mortar Net Solutions; Prosoco, Inc.; Rick Stone Masonry; Santex Truck Centers; State Farm Insurance; Stone & Soil Depot; Tarrillion Masonry; Texas Masonry Council; The PEO Link; Wire-Bond; and Wortham Insurance and Risk Management.
Thanks also to the beverage sponsors: Headwaters Construction Materials, Lehigh White Cement Company, and Acme Brick / Featherlite.
In addition, SAMCA wants to thank the following who donated prizes to the golf tournament: 1st place ($400) – Husqvarna Construction Products; 2nd place ($300) – Alamo Cement Co.; 3rd place ($200) – AHI Supply, L.P. Capitol Aggregates donated $200 each for the Longest Drive, Closest to Hole, and Straightest Drive.
The brick putter was back again this year. Each golfer used a brick putter to sink their shots into the eighth hole. Thanks to the Brick Putter Sponsor – Blackson Brick Southwest.
Also, the popular feature, the “Ball Drop”, returned again this year. Numbered raffle chances corresponding to numbered golf balls were sold. The numbered balls were dropped from a bucket from the top of a forklift. The use of the boom was donated by H & E Equipment Services, Inc. The winner, Frank Juarez, won $625 when his numbered ball landed in the hole.
Robbin Bostick (San Antonio Masonry & Tool Supply) donated a trip for two to Las Vegas, including hotel and airfare. This trip was won happily by Cody Rainer with JLG Industries.
SAMCA's Upcoming Events - Mark Your Calendar
Meetings and special events have been scheduled for 2016, so please make note of the following dates:
- Wednesday, April 27 – General Membership Meeting
- Wednesday, May 11 – Board of Directors Meeting
- Wednesday, May 25 – General Membership Meeting
- Wednesday, June 1 – Board of Directors Meeting
- Thursday, June 9 – Golden Trowel Awards Banquet
- Wednesday, June 29 – General Membership Meeting
- Friday & Saturday, July 8-9 – Fishing Tournament – Aransas Pass
- Wednesday, July 13 – Board of Directors Meeting
- Wednesday, July 27 – General Membership Meeting
- Wednesday, August 10 – Board of Directors Meeting
- Wednesday, August 31 – General Membership Meeting
- Wednesday, September 14 – Board of Directors Meeting
- Thursday, September 29 – Sporting Clay Tournament & BBQ Cook- Off
- Wednesday, October 12 – Board of Directors Meeting
- Wednesday, October 26 – General Membership Meeting
- Tuesday – Sunday, November 1-6 – Four Wheeling Adventure
- Wednesday, November 9 – Board of Directors Meeting
- Wednesday, November 30 – General Membership Meeting
- Thursday, December 8 – Holiday Celebration Banquet
- Wednesday, December 14 – Board of Directors Meeting
- The Texas Masonry Council convention will take place in Austin, August 3 – 5, 2016 at the Westin Downtown Austin. For information, visit www.texasmasonrycouncil.org
- The fishing tournament is scheduled for July 8 – 9, so as a reminder, people should make their hotel reservations now. In addition, anyone who needs a fishing guide should make those reservations now also.
- The Board of Directors wants to encourage SAMCA members to use the products and services of other SAMCA members. In this way, members are supporting their fellow SAMCA members, one of the benefits of being involved with SAMCA. Everyone can refer to the 2016 SAMCA Membership Directory for contact information.
- Longtime employee at I-10 Building Materials, Tony Ocada, passed away Sunday, April 10.
- James Hanson, formerly with AHI Supply, is now with AJ Brauer Stone / Materials Marketing. If you need to contact him, call (512) 897-9588.
- San Antonio Masonry & Tool Supply will host an Open House at their Converse location – 9513 Kneupper Lane on April 28 – 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. They will have food, prizes, and vendors.