August General Membership Meeting
SAMCA's 20th Sporting Clay Tournament & 15th BBQ Cook-off
SAMCA is accepting registration for the 20th Annual Sporting Clay Tournament, which is scheduled for Friday, September 11 at the San Antonio Gun Club (928 Contour Drive). Payment and registration on or before Friday, September 4 is $100 for shooters and $25 for non-shooters. Registration after September 4 is $110 for shooters. The Gun Club will provide two boxes of 12 or 20 gauge shotgun shells to each registered shooter.
The 14th Annual Bar-B-Q Cook-Off will have six categories – brisket, chicken,pork spare ribs, chef’s choice, dessert, and best overall. The deadline for entering the cook-off is Friday, September 4. The entry fee for cook-off teams is $50. BBQ teams can begin at 8:00 a.m. and will have shade, electrical hook-ups, and water available. Tracie Martin (Acme Brick/Featherlite) is the Cook-Off chairperson again this year. For information about the cook-off, call Tracie at (210) 296-7891.
Traditionally, Alamo Cement donates a shotgun to raffle during the tournament. This year, it is a Browning 12 ga. Auto Silver Hunter Shotgun. Tickets to win the shotgun will be sold for $10 each.
Sponsorships are available – Beverage $400, Station $200, and Prizes $200. For more information about the tournament or cook-off, call Debbie Mason at (830) 606-5556, John Williams (210) 827-8200, Danny Bryant (210) 493-2612, or Tracie Martin (210) 296-7891.
SAMCA's Upcoming Events - Mark Your Calendar
The year is halfway over! Please make note of the following meetings and special events dates:
- Wednesday, August 26 – General Membership Meeting
- Friday, September 11 – Sporting Clay Tournament & BBQ Cook- Off
- Wednesday, September 30 – General Membership Meeting
- Thursday – Sunday, October 15-18 – Four Wheeling Adventure
- Wednesday, October 21 – Moonlight Golf Tournament – Alamo Golf Club
- Wednesday, October 28 – General Membership Meeting
- Wednesday, November 18 – General Membership Meeting
- Friday, December 4 – Holiday Celebration & Awards Banquet
- The September 30 General Membership meeting will feature Bradley Savage (BGS Safety Services) as the guest speaker. He will inform everyone about important safety issues.
- Custom Masonry will have a “Celebration of Life” in memory of Frank Butler 2 – 9 p.m. on August 29 at the Butler home (104 Cabin Path). RSVP to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tracie Martin (Acme Brick / Featherlite) has big plans for the Terlingua trip which is planned for October 15-18. For information, call her at (210) 296-7891.
- SAMCA member Shadrock & Williams Masonry won three awards at the Texas Masonry Council Golden Trowel Awards. They were:
- First Place – Texas A&M University San Antonio – Central Academic Building & Auditorium (Educational Facility – College / University)
- Honorable Mention – Veterans Memorial Portal (Hardscape / Landscape)
- Honorable Mention – The Tobin Center for The Performing Arts (Restoration)