January General Membership Meeting
The San Antonio Masonry Contractors Association will hold its monthly general membership meeting at 12 p.m. Wednesday, January 27 at Pappadeaux restaurant, 76 NE Loop 410. The cost of lunch is $30 per person. The guest speaker will be Carl Bennett from the San Antonio Rampage. He will discuss the local hockey team and a SAMCA hockey event.. Call Debbie to make your reservation for this informative meeting, at (830) 606-5556 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Board Members 2016
Last week the membership voted for those who will serve as the Board of Directors for 2016. The position of a director is a voluntary one, so they are to be commended for their service. The 2016 Board of Directors includes: Danny Bryant (Acme Brick/ Featherlite), Andy Cordova (Blackson Brick Southwest), James Groesbeck (Groesbeck Masonry, Inc.), Michael Hunt (Curtis Hunt Restorations, Inc.), Sam Lopez (C & S Contractors, Inc.), Mike Previtera (Integrity Insurance Agency, Inc.), Roger Schmelter (Headwaters Construction Materials), Rick Stone (Rick Stone Masonry, Inc.), and Jeff Windham (Alamo Cement). The President – Don Tarrillion (Tarrillion Masonry), Vice-president – Robbie Klekar (Ericstad, Inc.), Treasurer – Penny Previtera (Integrity Insurance Agency), and Secretary – James Busing (SpecMix) are automatically considered Board Members, according to the SAMCA By- Laws. Thank you to those who voted, and those who volunteered to be a nominee. Please support everyone throughout the year as they volunteer their time and energy to the association.
Golden Trowel Awards
SAMCA's Apprenticeship Program Changes
SAMCA's Upcoming Events - Mark Your Calendar
Meetings and special events have been scheduled for 2016, so please make note of the following dates:
- Wednesday, January 27 – General Membership Meeting
- Wednesday, February 10 – Board of Directors Meeting
- Wednesday, February 24 – General Membership Meeting
- Wednesday, March 9 – Board of Directors Meeting
- Thursday, March 31 – Golf Classic – The Republic Golf Club
- Wednesday, April 13 – Board of Directors Meeting
- Wednesday, April 27 – General Membership Meeting
- Wednesday, May 11 – Board of Directors Meeting
- Wednesday, May 25 – General Membership Meeting
- Wednesday, June 1 – Board of Directors Meeting
- Thursday, June 9 – Golden Trowel Awards Banquet
- Wednesday, June 29 – General Membership Meeting
- Friday & Saturday, July 8-9 – Fishing Tournament – Aransas Pass
- Wednesday, July 13 – Board of Directors Meeting
- Wednesday, July 27 – General Membership Meeting
- Wednesday, August 10 – Board of Directors Meeting
- Wednesday, August 31 – General Membership Meeting
- Wednesday, September 14 – Board of Directors Meeting
- Thursday, September 29 – Sporting Clay Tournament & BBQ Cook- Off
- Wednesday, October 12 – Board of Directors Meeting
- Wednesday, October 26 – General Membership Meeting
- Tuesday – Sunday, November 1-6 – Four Wheeling Adventure
- Wednesday, November 9 – Board of Directors Meeting
- Wednesday, November 30 – General Membership Meeting
- Thursday, December 8 – Holiday Celebration Banquet
- Wednesday, December 14 – Board of Directors Meeting
- SAMCA lost three members because they did not renew their membership – Contractors Building Supply Co., LLC; Elgin Butler Co.; Masonry & Glass Systems, Inc.
- The 2016 Membership Directory will be mailed out the first week of February. If you need extras, email your request to Debbie at email@example.com
- The Texas Masonry Council convention will take place in Austin August 3 – 5, 2016 at the Westin Downtown Austin. For information, visit www.texasmasonryccouncil.org
- Unfortunately, the minimum number of players required for the Texas Hold’em Poker Tournament was not attained. Therefore, it would not be a successful charity event and the event was cancelled. The board discussed the possibility of re-scheduling it in October. Our apologies go to those who were looking forward to this event.
- The Night Golf tournament will not be held this year. Alamo Golf Club requires a minimum of 54 players which is more than the previous tournaments have registered.
- The SAMCA website is getting a new face-lift. The new one will be announced in the near future.